This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Megan Fairchild's debut as Swanilda - Saratoga

Hi Bellepoele5!

You say tomato, I say tomato....I agree that Ashley was flirtateous, extremely so in fact, but I saw deadpan, not broad smile.

The deadpan interpretation in this movement is what I prefer, rather than a big grin, so perhaps I saw what I was hoping to see.

And yes, once again, she is extremely strong with powerful legs.

Thank you both for adding detail on Ashley's performance. I too much prefer the deadpan interpretation for Second Movement Western. And I am "relieved" (if that is the right word) that she was given a featured role especially since we didn't see her much in New York all spring season.

SABgurlie24, my reference to Monique only meant that a very great talent was allowed to languish and never have a major career. I'm crossing my fingers that we will not see a repeat in Ashley's case.

Welcome, aspirant! (We have a special fondness for people who register and jump right in and post -- double welcome. welcome welcome :) )

I've only seen Fairchild in two roles, when I was in New York last winter, but I thought she Had It too (and there was a huge sigh of relief here when Bouder's name was "back on the posters.")

alexandra--

i have been reading for a while, and just couldn't resist. no use in sitting back and watching the debate happen! i am midway through your book, and in copenhagen at the moment and it is quite an adventure (both book and city). i will be here for a while, so figured that i should let all of you across the ocean know, in case you are looking for anything bournonville. perhaps this should be redirected to the RDB forum? cheers.