3 replies to this topic

#1 anoushka

anoushka

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:25 AM

Here is the link for the promotions, joiners and leavers for 2003:

http://www.royaloper...ccs=326&cs=1002

Its great news about Mara Galeazzi going up to Principal, and its really good to see promotions further down the ranks including Lauren Cuthbertson (whose Lilac Fairy I especially enjoyed!)
Its also a shame we're losing Jamie Bond to Birmingham Royal Ballet

Enjoy! xx

#2 Lukayev

Lukayev

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 08:43 PM

I don't live in London, so going to Covent Garden and seeing a full-length ballet by the RB was a really REALLY big deal for me. I can't really remember who danced Aurora or Lilac Fairy, but I do remember Ethan Stiefel as the Prince and Lauren Cuthbertson in the second Fairy variation. My mom and I agreed after the performance that she really stood out among the fairy variations, and look what's happening now! A promotion for her! Yay! :devil:

I'd also like to mention here that seeing Ludovic Ondiviela mentioned in the promotions article is also 'neat' because he really stood out to me when I watched the Prix de Lausanne 2001 video. Wow, if/when he becomes a principal one day, I can say that I saw him dance James from La Sylphide as a 15 year old... and the people will have to believe me! :wink:

#3 danciegirlmaria

danciegirlmaria

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 07:41 AM

There are no real surprises in the promotions esp. :

Mara Galeazzi is promoted to Principal....Deirdre Chapman and Isabel McMeekan are promoted to First Soloists

These, along with Lauren Cuthbertsen, have been comimg for a while, you could see it in last year's (esp. towrds the end of the season) casting....

All these dancers had 'better' and higher profile roles that before....

#4 bertrande

bertrande

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 06:12 AM

Very much agreed. No surprises here although Natasha Oughtred's omission did startle me. She's impressed every time I see her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):