This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

David allen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_KitriSpanishDancer_*

Guest_KitriSpanishDancer_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 15 July 2003 - 09:17 PM

Hey!! Does any1 know who david allen is? he has coregraphed many ballet such as hoilberg suite and my ballets nutcracker. Please reply is u know him!! :unsure:

#2 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:10 AM

Hi, Kitri and welcome to Ballet Talk at Ballet Alert! Online!

There was a David Allen who was involved in the Diamond Project for NYCB a few years ago; I believe that he is English, danced in South Africa, and then went to teach in Switzerland. Is this the gentleman you mean?

We try to emphasize correct use of spelling, punctuation, capitalization and grammar here. Teenspeak or cybershorthand is discouraged, as b4 for before, 2 for to or too, and so forth. The reason for this rule is that we have many posters from places where English is not the first language, and would prefer that no misunderstandings happen.

#3 pj

pj

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:40 PM

There is a David Allen in S. CA. He is a professor of ballet (I don't know his exact title) at UC Irvine. He is usually involved with the production of Riverside Ballet's Nutcracker. I personally have not met him, but one of my daughter's ballet teachers knows him fairly well. If you are trying to contact him, I would try UC Irvine.

#4 TutuMaker

TutuMaker

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 08:08 AM

Hi, :blushing:
Actually the instructor at UCI is named David Allan not Allen, is this who you mean? And that Mr. Allan was born in the U.S., in Boston I believe, and danced with the National Ballet of Canada.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):