This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dear ABT: revival requests

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 09:19 AM

Yes, it has been a while since Voluntaries (which is, IMO, Tetley's best work on ABT). I'd like to see it.

#32 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 12:54 PM

:wacko:

If ABT is really smart, they will ask Suzanne Farrell to stage and coach either Mozartiana or Divertimento no. 15 for next season.
I remember reading that she did wonders to Susan Jaffe in Mozartiana during the Balanchine festival years ago.She will do the same to the ABT ladies.
Joe

#33 Petite_Arabesque

Petite_Arabesque

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 07:09 PM

I would LOVE to see Pas de Quatre (the Dolin version). And Graduation Ball would be pretty cool, too! :bouncing:

~*~Carmen~*~

#34 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 07:11 PM

Joe, I saw those "Mozartianas" -- and I agree. I thought it by far the best thing I've seen Jaffe do, and she got better each night. Farrell's greatest gift, so far at least, seems to be working with principal dancers, getting them to go beyond what they've done before. Interesting suggestions :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):