This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Working With View New Posts

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Ari

Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:16 AM

It's happened again. I just checked VNP and came up with the ABT NYC Summer Intensive Performance thread for the first time recently, and it's been active for the last two days.

Also, I'm simultaneously having almost the opposite problem -- when I check VNP, I often get a long, multi-page list of new posts dating back a day, even though I checked the board two or three times during that period.

#17 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:30 AM

What's odd, though, is that it's not consistent. I also run IE and Windows (XP) and haven't had any problems -- I've been watching it closely since you posted. As far as I can tell, I haven't missed anything.

Are others having similar problems? Especially since the board upgrade, which would be in the past week. (If you're reporting something from before then, they might say, oh, the upgrade solved that. I realize that Ari's reporting something post-upgrade.)

#18 grace

grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 05:38 PM

ari - re your problem #2: might it be caused by the need to click 'Refresh', on one or other of those computers? is it only happening on one of them?

of course, i imagine that you have thought of these things. but i find myself, that, sometimes, when i get annoyed by a software problem, i have neglected the obvious...especially if i haven't had the problem for a long time.

#19 Guest_IPS_*

Guest_IPS_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 August 2003 - 08:13 PM

I'm still scratching my head on this one.

I've recently made some changes to the cookie settings. Hopefully that will help. :unsure:

#20 Ari

Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 04:20 AM

Thanks, Jay, for your help. I'll let you know if things change. :unsure:

#21 Guest_IPS_*

Guest_IPS_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:16 AM

Forgot to mention - you may need to delete your cookies. There's a link to do this for you at the bottom of the board.

#22 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 07:50 AM

There's a possible solution to the View New Posts problem. I spoke with someone this morning who had missed a post, and said she'd noticed if a post was made when she was working through the View New Posts list, if she marked all posts as read, she'd never see that post (on the list).

I've found the same thing, and it happened on the last board as well. What I'll do is, after going through the View New Posts list, I'll close out of it and then click on the link again -- that way I'll see the three or four new posts that have appeaed while I've been reading. I then read those three or four posts, then close out and click again. By that time, I should have caught up with it, and will mark all posts as read.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):