Dth At Lincoln Center

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MJ

MJ

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:36 PM

Good luck, oops Merde, at the Lincoln Center festival.
I was walking by LC this afternnon and saw a few dancers outside the NY State Theatre. Has DTH performed at lincoln Center before?

MJ

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 07:11 PM

Good question, MJ. And one I can't answer -- I hope one of our New Yorkers can.

And I hope someone will see this and report!

#3 JRB

JRB

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:28 AM

Several years ago DTH performed with NYCB in the same evening. It was a special event and I only remember the Slaughter on Fifth Ave being performed although there was somthing else done. We had a friend that was performing with DTH at the time and we went to see him. As far as DTH performing solo at Lincoln Center I don't know.

#4 Ari

Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:57 AM

DTH had a season at the Met about ten years ago. They may have had another season there, too — perhaps someone else remembers.

#5 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 03:11 PM

Correctly me if I am wrong, I don't believe DTH ever performed at the Met. It's not a huge company, it's rep doesn't require a huge stage. The scale is all wrong for DTH performing at the Met.

However, DTH did have a 2-week season at the State Theater in March' 93 and a 3-week season in March' 94.

#6 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 03:36 PM

I can't answer the DTH at the Met question, but I can say: :hyper: Hello, mussel! Welcome back! Forgive me if I've missed a post of yours, but I don't think I've seen you in months!! :bouncing: It's very good to read you again.

#7 Ari

Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 03:54 PM

Correctly me if I am wrong, I don't believe DTH ever performed at the Met.

They did, Mussel. I saw them there in the early 90s, they did Stars & Stripes at a gala attended by, I think it was, Barbara Bush. It was part of a one- or two-week season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):