What did you think of the season as a whole?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 08:47 PM

BW, I sense a road trip! I'm definitely going to go to the October program and a Nutcracker. I want to see the Swan Lake, and I gather a lot of New York critics will make their way down. But SL comes at such a busy time in NY, right in the middle of the NYCB-ABT seasons at Lincoln Center.

socal, you mentioned casting lists - I'm never able to find any on their web site.

#17 socalgal

socalgal

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:11 PM

So far the PABallet web site has not posted casting for ballets being performed to my knowledge.
My info comes from BD. That is a great idea....maybe we can see if they can add this to their site. :D

#18 Tessa

Tessa

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:22 AM

Paul-- Thanks for clarifying Mr. Mason's comment- when I read that, I thought "He ought to realize the Philadelphia Orchestra is not the ballet's orchestra!"

I'm excited for the Wheeldon Swan Lake and though I imagine it will be a huge challenge for the company, it will be a tremendous boost if all goes well.

I'm also excited for Fancy Free- many people might not realize this, but this is only the second Robbins ballet that PA Ballet has ever performed! Now if they can only get The Concert, I'll think I've died and gone to heaven. :D It's great to see the company develop a relationship with the Robbins Trust, even if it's only one ballet a year.

And lastly, I'm excited for Trey McIntyre's "Blue Until June"- I saw Washington Ballet perform this piece and liked it quite a bit, and PA Ballet looks great in his works (that crazy ballet he did with Phillip Colucci dressed as a snowman/gingerbread man is my SO's favorite ballet of all time...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):