This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Bridget Riley in Tate Britain, London

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaana Heino

Jaana Heino

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 11:36 PM

In today's Helsingin sanomat, there was a story about an art exhibit of Bridget Riley's work in Tate Britain, London. The pictures of her work in the newspaper make me excited about paintings in a way that is not very typical for me (I usually regard visual arts with an indifferent and ignorant 'a-ha, nice picture'). Somehow the space and light and movement they created reminded me of dance. And mathematics. And other good, peace-of-mindy things. :)

Has anyone seen the exhibit? Or others by the same artist? And wants to tell me about the experience?

I think it's extremely irresponsible and unfair to print such an interesting article about something that is in London in a newspaper in Helsinki - do they have any idea what it costs to fly to London? :D

#2 grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:47 AM

...do they have any idea what it costs to fly to London?  

- a LOT less than it costs to fly from australia! ~ nevertheless: my sympathies, jaana. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):