• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 traviata

traviata

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 10:36 AM

Hello everybody :thumbsup: !

You have forgotten to talk about Mireille Delunsch. Maybe you don't know her?She's a young french outstanding soprano.

Otherwise, I agree with you about Kiri Te Kanawa and Anna Moffo :yes: .

With regard to men... I must confess I am susceptible to Jose Cura's charm...

#32 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 11:25 AM

Hello, Traviata (great name!) and welcome to Ballet Alert! Thanks for bringing a French singer into the discussion. We have forums for each of the different large and medium-sized ballet companies, and, of course, that includes Paris Opera Ballet. It's in the European Ballet Companies section -- I hope you'll post about the performances you see.

#33 traviata

traviata

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 06:57 AM

Thank you Alexandra :grinning: . Sure I am going to talk about what I will see.

Zerbinetta, I am sure Natalie Dessay's surgery has solved her vocal problems; however, she confesses that she is not able anymore to sing the way she did when she was younger.

#34 zerbinetta

zerbinetta

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 04:54 PM

Well, having heard Dessay both pre- & post-surgery (she did a remarkable recital with orchestra this past summer in Santa Fe), I can tell you she doesn't seem to have lost a thing!

#35 djb

djb

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 11:43 PM

How about the best legs? My vote goes to Spanish (Catalan) tenor Jaume Aragall y Garriga, whose name was Italianized to Giacomo Aragall for the stage. I was dancing in the San Francisco Opera Ballet in 1974, when Aragall and Sutherland sang Massenet's "Esclarmonde." Aragall had such good legs, they decided to costume him in tights. The makeup guys reported that Pavarotti was miffed that they wouldn't put him in tights, but would let Aragall appear in them.

#36 LMCtech

LMCtech

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 02:52 PM

I'm sure they had their reasons. After all, the SFO costume shop does have a special extra long tape measure just for Pavarotti. :wink:

#37 djb

djb

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:03 PM

This was before Pavarotti lost weight, by the way.

#38 zerbinetta

zerbinetta

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 03:10 PM

With PBS airing the DC "Fledermaus", posters can view for themselves the beauteous June Anderson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):