This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Anna Netrebko , young soprano of the Mariinsky, is extremely beautiful. She sang at the televised St Petersburg 300th anniversary gala concert last May. She has a wonderful voice too. See her here:

http://www.annanetrebko.com/

I just found this review of Netrebko's first solo CD on the andante.com website; it was originally from the Raleigh NC The News and Observer. There's a stunning photo of her on the album cover, as wonderful as the review of her singing: andante.com

I worked wtih Anna Netrebko in the late '90's at SF Opera. What a talent. Head and shoulders above everyone else and drop dead gorgeous. All the guys on the crew had a huge crush on her (even the gay ones).

Two up and comers who have simply beautiful faces (and voices) are Donita Volkwejn and Suzanne Ramo.

Mel Ulrich is a truly dreamy baritone. Bryn Terfel is kind of goofy looking in person, but onstage he's quite charismatic.

Haven't heard of Viorica Cortez & just looked her up online & found nothing. But remember Victoria Vergara, wonderful Carmen, Dulcinee & Baba at NYCO a while back. Actually one of the on stage rather than off beauties as she had one of those large faces that read right into the 4th ring but offstage was a bit .. large.

Farrell Fan (I think it was farrellfan) why "in the eyes of the beholder"? Isn't that the case whatever?

&, yes, Marilyn Horne has the most amazing skin I've ever seen on a real live person.

There's an article on Anna Netrebko in the latest issue of Opera News. It could have easily passed for a spread featuring a supermodel. Her boyfriend, baritone Simone Alberghini, is also quite good-looking. I wasn't very successful in finding an image of him on Google, except for an itty-bitty one on the Washington Opera website.

Viorica Cortez was I thought quite beautiful; she did a wonderful Carmen at the Lyric Opera in Chicago years ago. She gained a great deal of weight after that, and unfortunately some years ago was in a car accident in Romania that evidently took the life of her husband, I don't know how badly she was injured. Someone on eBay is selling a couple of photos, they are the only ones I ever saw that look the way I remember her.

Hello everybody :thumbsup: !

You have forgotten to talk about Mireille Delunsch. Maybe you don't know her?She's a young french outstanding soprano.

Otherwise, I agree with you about Kiri Te Kanawa and Anna Moffo :yes: .

With regard to men... I must confess I am susceptible to Jose Cura's charm...

Hello, Traviata (great name!) and welcome to Ballet Alert! Thanks for bringing a French singer into the discussion. We have forums for each of the different large and medium-sized ballet companies, and, of course, that includes Paris Opera Ballet. It's in the European Ballet Companies section -- I hope you'll post about the performances you see.

How about the best legs? My vote goes to Spanish (Catalan) tenor Jaume Aragall y Garriga, whose name was Italianized to Giacomo Aragall for the stage. I was dancing in the San Francisco Opera Ballet in 1974, when Aragall and Sutherland sang Massenet's "Esclarmonde." Aragall had such good legs, they decided to costume him in tights. The makeup guys reported that Pavarotti was miffed that they wouldn't put him in tights, but would let Aragall appear in them.