• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 06:20 PM

Great Performances PBS: Dance in America presents Lar Lubovitch's Othello "recorded on stage at the San Francisco Ballet. "Desmond Richardson, one of America's premiere dance talents, performs in San Francisco Ballet's production as Othello, with Yuan Yuan Tan as Desdemona and Parrish Maynard as the treacherous Iago... Emil de Cou leading the company's orchestra and Oscar-winning compsoer Elliot Goldenthal ("Frida") lends an errie score based on the Italian tarantella..."

In the New York metro area it will be shown on Channel 13, on Wednesday, June 18th at 9:30pm. :D

#2 Cabriole

Cabriole

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 06:23 AM

I can't believe it; we (Chicago area) are actually getting this on the same date (June 18 9:30pm). We are also finally seeing the ABT Born to be Wild on both June 29 at 3:00pm and June 30 at 2:00am (though I have already purchased the video).

#3 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 06:58 PM

Wow! We'd better make sure Treefrog hears about this and hope she's sitting down when she does! ;)

Great news!:)

#4 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 04:50 AM

Amazing!

#5 Cabriole

Cabriole

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:23 AM

:D

#6 scoop

scoop

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:01 PM

Even Baltimore gets Othello on June 18!

#7 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:21 PM

You might want to check out today's links forum. :(

#8 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:12 PM

Kultur, which specializes in arts videos, already has the ballet in its catalogue:

VHS:

http://www.kultur.co...ID=4956&CATID=8

DVD:

http://www.kultur.co...Product_ID=4957

#9 lillianna

lillianna

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 02:06 PM

I think that this might be the first San Francisco Ballet video available, at least in the last number of years.

#10 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,312 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 10:15 AM

It will be shown at 9:00 p.m. (PDT) on KQED Channel 9 on Wednesday night in the Bay Area.

#11 Kurvenal

Kurvenal

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 06:02 AM

You're surprised you're getting it in Baltimore! We are getting it in Scranton, PA TWICE! in one week, Tuesday night, after Duetto (which has been getting nasty reviews on the opera websites), and again on Sat. night. We'll have to pay for it with endless hours of Yanni, Church, and all the rest.
fred

#12 sissonne

sissonne

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:24 PM

Yahoo! Houston gets it at 9:30 pm

#13 Guest_yardred_*

Guest_yardred_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 June 2003 - 02:52 AM

We got it in Boston :P

#14 novamom

novamom

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 03:15 AM

I can't believe I missed this thread! Does anyone know if it will be playing again in the D.C. area? AAAARRGGGG!:P

#15 Kurvenal

Kurvenal

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:03 AM

This was a tremendously exciting hour and a half. It began at 9:30 and the time flew by. I could not believe the beauty of this work - incredible dancing by everyone, Yuan Yuan danced like she
was weightless, and the Othello - my God! And the score was so
great - and the sets. What a marvelous piece of work - and my station, which just infuriated me a day earlier by showing those two tenors in "Duetto" singing a bunch of awful songs and then begging for money, is going to show "Othello" again on Saturday and they didn't ask for a cent. I am taping this ballet.
Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):