This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Riolama

Guest Jaime

Guest Jaime

OMG.......Riolama Lorenzo (sorry for spelling) has just started with the PA ballet. She is absolutely amazing! I cry when I watch her....lol! I know that she is soon to switch to ABT or become a princapal really fast!!!!

Hi Jamie, Lorenzo is a favorite of many of us at Ballet Alert! who used to see her at New York City Ballet (and a favorite of a long-lost poster from California). I remember she had a lot of stage presence, wonderful sweap to her legs and a big jump. She made a delightful Titania and an emotional Helena in Midsummer Night's Dream. I remember vividly the way she used fling herself into those pench arabesques in the distraught pas de deux.

Although I would like to see her more often, I think the decision to join Penn Ballet was very good for her. She's getting principal roles and the company is in good shape. I don't know where you got the idea of ABT (no gossiping please), but there are too many excellent women soloists over there already and not enough parts.

Did anybody see Lorenzo in Firebird?

I had the delightful opportunity to see Riolama in Firebird and she was absolutely phenomenal. I enjoyed the entire production but having the opportunity to see her dance made my day. Her dancing inspires me and I hope to see a lot more of her dancing in the future!:)