• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:46 PM

These last couple of posts are all good examples of why, if you're visiting a new performance space, it's good to ask for seating tips!

Thanks for giving such great descriptions! :thumbsup:

#17 Funny Face

Funny Face

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:49 PM

And of course, the thing we haven't mentioned but, let's face it, is always a consideration, is where your seat is in proximity to the ladies' room. Those intermissions can be dreadful, even in my current town which likes to spend as much time at intermission (they sell a LOT of drinks here) as it does watching the actual performance. :thumbsup:

#18 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:12 PM

. . . they sell a LOT of drinks here

No wonder the LR lines are so long! It becomes a viscious cycle: Long lines require lengthy intermissions, so you buy a drink, and . . . :thumbsup: :wink:

#19 aspirant

aspirant

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 04:59 AM

Where to sit---if it is free, wherever they let me! If I am parting with some of my own ballet bucks, slightly to the left of center, preferably in the middle of a row (to minimize the up and down and excuse me's) and mid-to-rear orchestra or first ring.

I have had the occasion, to stand in (though not actually watch a performance from) the Queen's box at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen. It made me a little bit nervous to be honest.

Oh, and of course there is the stage right wing in the smallest, most cramped corner that you can find which will make my day!

Now my question is on seating etiquette. When the lights go down, do you scoot to the center, run down a few rings or stay put until the first intermission? :devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):