This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

List of Asian Ballet Schools

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 grace

grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 07:11 PM

wonderful contributions.
thank you again, melodies. :)

#17 grace

grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:45 AM

an extra one i was sent today from hong kong, is the Jean Wong School of Ballet.

this RAD school is the largest and best-known school in HK - and i've been told, in the past, that it's actually the largest ballet school in the world (in terms of student numbers). i don't know whether or not that's true, but i don't have any reason to doubt it. Their address is:
18 Tanner Road,
North Point,
Hong Kong.

#18 le_corsaire

le_corsaire

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:13 AM

National Ballet of China
www.ballet.org.cn

The Shanghai Ballet
www.sh-ballet. com

The Guangzhou Ballet
www.dandanballet.com

Those are the top three ballet companies in mainland China

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chinese ballet forum http://www.balletalk.com

#19 Marenetha

Marenetha

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:46 PM

There used to be a pretty good ballet school in Tokyo - Ana's School of Dance - that despite the name sent off about three kids yearly to the Royal Ballet School, but I don't know what's happened to it, and if it survived the proprietor's death. It might be worth looking into - I can't think of any other ballet schools in Tokyo, sorry. :)

#20 grace

grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:15 AM

thanks for all these contributions.

this competition will be happening again in perth in september 2005, so it is appropriate that this thread has 'come up' again.

#21 Renata

Renata

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:49 AM

Hi

I am bumping this to the top in the hope that someone will be able to help.

My daughter, who is a professional level ballet dancer, will be spending 10 weeks this summer in Shanghai as part of an internship at her university.The program expects her to perform in China, but they do not understand what is involved in terms of taking class and keeping in shape. She will need to find a place to take regular ballet and possibly jazz or modern classes. Would anyone in this forum be able to direct me to the names and web pages of any dance schools in Shanghai? Or if they do not have web pages, perhaps to the names and addresses. I have only found one school so far, largely because they have an English web page and that is the Shanghai Etoile Ballet School. They seem to be fine but since the map they offer is in Chinese, I cannot figure out whether she would be able to get there from her student housing so I was hoping to find some other places as well.

Thank you so much for your time.
Renata

#22 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

Renata, BalletTalk is a site for the audience and this thread, to which you merely replied, is actually beyond our scope. It should have been removed, but somehow it escaped the moderators' attention. I will leave it open for a little while, just in case people have suggestions.

Have you tried posting on our sister site, BalletTalk for Dancers? You'll find a link at the top of the screen all the way to the right. You'll have to register separately there, if you haven't already.

Because there are so many experienced dancers of all levels and teachers on that site, you're more likely to draw helpful replies.

#23 Latecat

Latecat

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

I found this thread really interesting. Thank you for leaving it.

#24 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

Two weeks after Renata posted, I hope she has the answers she seeks. I am closing the thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):