This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Promotions announced!

Kudelka has announced his promotions, and they are posted on the website (www.national.ballet.ca).

"STEPHANIE HUTCHISON, PATRICK LAVOIE and PIOTR STANCZYK promoted to First Soloist

JULIE HAY, NEHEMIAH KISH, ETIENNE LAVIGNE, LISA ROBINSON and JILLIAN VANSTONE promoted to Second Soloist

JENNIFER FOURNIER returns as Principal Dancer

TANYA HOWARD and DAISUKE OHNO

awarded Patron Award of Merit "

I'm really pleased that these dancers are being promoted, especially Hutchison (wonderful as Brangaene in Tristan and Isolde), Stancyzyk (danced Colas on opening night), and Vanstone (delightful presence and a technical whiz). The only one that surprised me a bit was Lisa Robinson, just because I have not seen her in any soloist roles this season- but perhaps she has been cast and I missed those performances. Oh, the site says she danced the Spanish princess in Swan Lake. I also saw her as the pussycat in Beauty Act 3.

Congratulations also to Tanya Howard and Daisuke Ohno!

P.S. I think Guillaume Cote should be promoted pretty soon!

I am SO happy to read that Julie Hay is promoted to second soloist. As I've mentioned before we are huge fans of hers in my house!

The other promotions were also well deserved, and I'm glad that Jennifer Fournier is back!