This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Casting for Alice

From HB's website:

June 5 (evening)

Alice Julie Gumbinner

White Rabbit Dominic Walsh

Tiger Lily pas de deux Leticia Oliveira and Randy Herrera

June 7 (matinee)

Alice Sara Webb

White Rabbit Mauricio Cañete

Tiger Lily pas de deux Mireille Hassenboehler and Ian Casady

June 7(evening)

Alice Julie Gumbinner

Tiger Lily pas de deux Sara Webb and Zdenek Konvalina

June 8 (matinee)

Alice Britain Werkheiser

White Rabbit Fernando Moraga

Tiger Lily pas de deux Sara Webb and Zdenek Konvalina

June 13 (evening)

Alice Sara Webb

White Rabbit Mauricio Cañete

Tiger Lily pas de deux Mireille Hassenboehler and Ian Casady

June 14 (evening)

Alice Laura Richards

White Rabbit Fernando Moraga

June 15 (matinee)

Alice Julie Gumbinner

I hope I get to Sara Webb- a soloist- in this role. Last I saw her was in Swan Lake as Odette/Odile two years ago. The only thing I can remember from her performance was she had wonderful projection, I could feel her presence all the way up in the front balcony (really bad last minute seats). She didn't finish all 32 fouettes and traveled quite a bit, but I would like to see how she has matured since then. I read somewhere that she's become one of Welch's "favorites." I feel a promotion coming on.

Thanks, Boydancer. If you're going to see Alice, please post a review so I can hear a different reaction to the ballet. I'm going to this Saturday's matinee with Webb in the lead.:) It's interesting how a corps dancer, Laura Richards, will be Alice on the 14th. I've never really paid attention to her before, and it would be interesting to see her in the role, but I doubt I will be going to more than one showing.

This is Richards' second season with the company and shes a beautiful dancer. A really cute Clara for Nutcracker with really good prescence and technique. She's one to watch among the young corps girls. I've seen her rehearsing the role and she looks pretty comfortable in it.