This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet Met in Columbus

b1

i am a little interested in Ballet Met, now that someone i know has recently gone there: Daryl Brandwood - whose performances i will really miss, in australia.

b1 - have you seen any performances he was in, or any online reviews of the same? :D

Hi, b1! If there are people interested in Ballet Met we'd be glad to have a forum, but we haven't had any posts on that company and, as the first post on this thread says, we don't put up a forum unless and until there are at least three or four people who see the company and post about performances.

If you want to start a thread about the company, fine -- we'll see who comments. If there are several Ballet Metters here, then we'll do a forum.

REMINDER TO EVERYONE OUT THERE -- we haven't had many reports at all about spring seasons. They're dancing! Please tell us what you're seeing!!

I am not sure if I am posting in the right spot. In response to Grace...

Daryl is indeed here in Columbus. I find his dancing simply fabulous. He was Basilio in Stanton Welch's Don Q, and I just loved him. I recently went to a wedding of 2 company members and Daryl was there as well. I can tell you that he knows how to dance, even when it is not ballet.

I am sorry you miss him, I am glad that he is here, though!

b1

thanks b1 - he's an absolute knockout onstage, isn't he? love those long legs! :) and as you say, good at contemporary, dramatic and more gymnastic moves, as well as ballet. and a lovely friendly down-to-earth person, too. our loss is your gain. please keep me informed!! :D

I just came upon this thread and wanted to add a little note...although I have never seen them perform, my daughters teacher's son is a dancer with BalletMet. His name is Derick. (for privacy sake I don't wish to give his last name out) We will soon have the privilage of meeting him and his girlfriend (who is also a dancer with BalletMet) in the next couple of weeks and take classes with them. My daughter is beside herself with excitement. She will take her first pas de deux (sp) class with them! :(

I know who you mean! Derek is very good. I believe he came from Ballet Austin. His girlfriend is a lovely dancer. I enjoy watching her in class because she works so hard in class (and this was during the Don Q run, on the last day of performances, when the rest of the company looked drained, she continued working, pushing for more.)

I hope you enjoy your visit with them! Just be sure to send them back!!

B1...I am sure we couldn't keep Derick here...he did dance in Austin prior to joining Met. His mother has pictures of him in her studio and the kids love looking at him. His latest was a picture of him dancing as Puck. What wonderful height the photographer captured. I believe it was in your local newspaper. Dericks family is very talented. His sister is a dancer on broadway and becoming a much sought after choreographer. My daughter is a very lucky young lady to be taught by someone who has produced some extremely talented kids. My hope is that she can accomplish at least part of what her children have. :)

Guest dublindancer722

Hey~ I'm new to the site, but I am a student at Balletmet Academy, and have been for 10 years. I hope to join their professional training program soon. I know the company members you have mentioned, they are all wonderful dancers. I did a small role of a street child in Don Quixote, and Daryl is an AMAZING dancer. Well, just wanted to say hi! I hope more people will learn of Balletmet, it really is a great company and academy!