This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ms. Leigh, would it be to impolite for me to ask if you would mind making another copy? I saw this tape several years ago and have looked for it ever since (I was able to find the book). I certainly understand if you wold not want to. I would be happy to pay you or send a you a blank video tape.

Rachel:)

Oops, knew I should not have posted that! Sorry, but I think I will remove that post, as I simply do not have the time and facility to make multiple copies of anything. This is a 6 hour thing, and I have to do it at work at a time when I can find two machines not being used. That means doing it a bit at a time. Post above gone, bad idea! Sorry :)

I transcribed this from tape to 3 DVDs (6 hours of video) a few years ago. The quality isn't great but, given its extraordinary historical and informational value, I would be interested in providing copies assuming there is no copyright problems. I have searched for years and can not find that it is commercially available anywhere.

The original question was posted in 2003 and it may be that this reply is much too late.

The variety of clips and interviews in this series made it extremely effective, but also really tough to deal with in terms of copyright. It's still not available commercially, and I don't know that it ever will be -- the number of individuals and organizations that would have to sign off on a project like that would be quite daunting.

Technically speaking, you and I can only have copies of this if we are using them under the Fair Use aspects of copyright law...