This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

College Video Collection Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 09:35 PM

hi. i don't usually follow this forum, so forgive me if i am duplicating something already here, but i received some information about copyright and thought it might be of interest to someone:

an initial query was posted here:

- along the following lines:

"Swarthmore College is an undergraduate institution with approximately 1400 students. We have a Dance Department that offers a dance major and a library collection to support undergraduate research. Our dance collection has a large video collection, 50% of which is college sponsored and produced performances, 50% of which is commercially purchased VHS/DVD.

I am looking for similar undergraduate institutions who share the same concerns for their video collection, ie. preservation and copyright. Do any of you have collection/video development policies that address preservation and copyright needs?"

responses were/are posted, below the query, and then the following websites were recommended, for people seeking similar information:

Association of Moving Image Archivists

Dance Heritage Coalition

Music Library Association

hope this is of interest to someone. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):