This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Evdokimova out

Press release from Boston Ballet:

Boston Ballet has announced that one artistic staff position has been eliminated for the 2003-2004 season. During the current season this position was held by Ballet Mistress Eva Evdokimova. Ms. Evdokimova brought to Boston Ballet an international reputation as one of the finest ballerinas in the world.

This action is part of the Company wide restructuring that has included changes to the performance schedule and the reduction in the number of performances next year, in an overall effort to remove 3.5 million dollars from the 2003-2004 budget. This follows changes that were made in January 2003 to address this current year's shortfalls.

Boston Ballet was fortunate to have Ms. Edvokimova's expertise on the artistic staff during the 2002-2003 season.

Unfortunately, I don't. She has an international reputation as a wonderful coach, so I can't believe she won't end up somewhere soon. (Mary Cargill did an interview with Ms. Evdokimova for Ballet Alert! a few months ago. I really truly will be putting up the past three years worth of DanceViews and Ballet Alerts on line this summer, so watch for announcements.)

Heard from the inside at Boston Ballet that every department had to cut, so I apologize for my cynical nature.

When faced with tough choices it is a matter of the big picture versus the small details and the director must look across the whole operation.