This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Edward Norton on Ronald Reagan

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 07:32 PM

For those in GWTW's camp - Bedtime for Bonzo was a screwball farce starring Reagan and a chimpanzee. After WWII, there was a bit of a trend for animal comedies, thus breaking the old W.C. Fields rule of "never play an act against animals." Bringing Up Baby is another, more successful one of the genre, but then with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn, wouldn't anything be?

#17 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:05 PM

Thanks, Mel. In light of my family's (almost definite) relocation to the USA this summer, I am on the lookout for cultural references I am clueless about. I have just acquired 'Pat the Bunny' for my son, and I was afraid that 'Bedtime with Bonzo' would be the next item on my list:p

#18 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:27 AM

I really enjoyed The 25th Hour. Edward Norton certainly displayed his intelligence and others displayed a great deal of ferocity (is that a word?). The scenes of NYC (post 9/11) were tremendously moving - one scene especially takes place in an apartment overlooking Ground Zero and it looks like the dark side of the moon. Very much like Edward Norton's character's emotional situation. Highly recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):