• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Fraildove

Fraildove

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 05:23 PM

Hi all!

Was wanting to know if anyone has a comment about the up and comming Michele Wiles? I find her classicism so distinct that she is ushering in a new age of tecnique, or perhaps should i say re-ushering. Anyway, her pure, strong technique being her strong point can come across as cold, but I think her glorious. Anyone think she will be principal at ABT soon?

Rachel

#2 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 05:26 PM

Has she not been promoted already?

I saw her as Medora this past summer.

She was very good.

#3 Fraildove

Fraildove

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 05:33 PM

As far as i know, she is still a soloist. If she has been promoted to principal, congratulations to Ms. Wiles!

Rachel

#4 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 06:45 PM

She is listed as a soloist on the ABT site. I would also like to see her promoted. I much prefer Wiles over Gillian Murphy, to whom she is often compared.

#5 Rachel

Rachel

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 07:21 PM

According to a featured article on her in Dance Magazine, she is well on her way to promotion. Before that, however, Kevin Mckenzie seems to want her to mature a bit more artistically and develope more of a stage presence and dramatic ability.

Rachel

#6 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 08:08 PM

Part of what I enjoy about Michele's dancing -- which is very special -- is that she lets you forget about technique. She exudes so much joy in just dancing, such musicality. I am disappointed that she doesn't have more roles this spring at the Met. I hope she gets to do (and I get to see her in) many unbilled roles.

There is much to be said for the patient wisdom of bringing a dancer along slowly and steadily. Part of the reason why she may not be getting more roles, though, may be due to lack of a mature guy who is tall enough to partner her. She looks fabulous with David Hallberg, but he has not developed to her level . . . yet.

#7 kiki

kiki

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 03:46 PM

I agree, I am a huge fan of Michele's. She was given lots of opportunities last season at the
Met and I saw her really grow as a performer from the beginning to the end of the season. She is absolutly beautiful and I am sure that a promotion will be in the near future!!!

#8 Guest_PointeShoeRibbons_*

Guest_PointeShoeRibbons_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:11 PM

Michelle Wiles was on the cover of dance magazine a few months ago and they had a very nice article about her. I think it may have been the march issue or something around there.

PointeShoeRibbons

#9 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:03 PM

Originally posted by Rachel
According to a featured article on her in Dance Magazine, she is well on her way to promotion. Before that, however, Kevin Mckenzie seems to want her to mature a bit more artistically and develope more of a stage presence and dramatic ability.

With the wealth and clarity of dramatic details in her Gamzatti -- an unusually complex charactrerization -- and a presence that ricochets against the furthest walls of the Met, I think she has fulfilled the critera. ::drumming fingers, tapping foot::

#10 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,840 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:37 AM

In the current issue of W (with Sarah Jessica Parker on the cover), there is a one page item with brief quotes from Michele Wiles, Xiomara Reyes, Alexandra Ansanelli, and Janie Taylor, with a picture of all four of them.

#11 Ljonesxoxo

Ljonesxoxo

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:42 PM

Im looking forward to seeing her at the Met as Odette In Swan Lake !

#12 balletqueen3450

balletqueen3450

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 05:01 PM

I met her this past week and got her autograph she is amazing and soo nice!

#13 Ljonesxoxo

Ljonesxoxo

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:15 PM

I met her this past week and got her autograph she is amazing and soo nice!

aw thats awesome. where did you meet her?

#14 balletqueen3450

balletqueen3450

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 05:59 PM

at Steps.. it is a dance place in new york city. Most professionals from ABT and NYCB take class there I dont usually go up to them just watch but Michele Wiles is one of my favorites so I asked her with my friend lol.

#15 DollyDinko

DollyDinko

• Inactive Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:01 PM

Michelle Wiles is the fiercest dancer...EVER. She can hit those balances and hold them for an extra 16 counts. She's from the Kirov Ballet school in Washington D.C., the best ballet school in the entire world. They are the best because they won the Outstanding school award at the 2003 Youth American Grand Prix. They really teach their students how to balance it in their beautiful Gaynor Mindon pointe shoes. BRAVO MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Doesn't everyone agree she is the next Darci Kistler???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):