Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rkoretzky

Alexander Ritter

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen Alex in anything since he left NYCB for Boston? I was struck by the fact that he wasn't mentioned in the review of the BB Balanchine program. I miss him.

I saw him as Lensky in Eugene Onegin in the Fall. He did a beautiful job both dancing and acting. I thought at the time, "What a find!" But I haven't seen him much since then. He wasn't in La Fille Mal Gardee at all as far as I can tell.

Yes indeed, 4Ts, Alex is a find. I watched him for years in NY and Saratoga and I think he just got tired of being under-used. If you ever have a chance to meet him, you won't find a nicer guy too.

Alex was unfortunately out with a foot injury for the majority of the season. He performed (beautifully) in Boston Ballet Dancers off-shoot, contemparary, evening of works--RawDance.

Just recently, Alex resigned to move on...a loss.

I'm usually a NYCB watcher and don't really remember if I ever saw him dance much with the company. I think I may have seen him once or twice in Midsummer or 4 Tempraments or Agon but I happened to see him at Boston in the Nutcraker, when I was there for the New Year. He did well, it's sad to hear that he's moved on again. I'm sorry Boston for your loss.

Alexander Ritter is a wonderful dancer. At NYCB, he danced Merce Cunningham's role in Points In Space, to fine effect, so it was interesting to see that he was working with a modern company in Boston. I always wished that he would join Merce's company--he had the ability to change direction rapidly in space, and a fine use of the head that looked marvelous in the work.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0