This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Alexander Ritter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rkoretzky

rkoretzky

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 12:16 PM

Has anyone seen Alex in anything since he left NYCB for Boston? I was struck by the fact that he wasn't mentioned in the review of the BB Balanchine program. I miss him.

#2 4Ts

4Ts

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:28 PM

I saw him as Lensky in Eugene Onegin in the Fall. He did a beautiful job both dancing and acting. I thought at the time, "What a find!" But I haven't seen him much since then. He wasn't in La Fille Mal Gardee at all as far as I can tell.

#3 rkoretzky

rkoretzky

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:43 PM

Yes indeed, 4Ts, Alex is a find. I watched him for years in NY and Saratoga and I think he just got tired of being under-used. If you ever have a chance to meet him, you won't find a nicer guy too.

#4 monkeedance

monkeedance

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 10:51 AM

Alex was unfortunately out with a foot injury for the majority of the season. He performed (beautifully) in Boston Ballet Dancers off-shoot, contemparary, evening of works--RawDance.
Just recently, Alex resigned to move on...a loss.

#5 bellepoele5

bellepoele5

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 11:02 AM

I'm usually a NYCB watcher and don't really remember if I ever saw him dance much with the company. I think I may have seen him once or twice in Midsummer or 4 Tempraments or Agon but I happened to see him at Boston in the Nutcraker, when I was there for the New Year. He did well, it's sad to hear that he's moved on again. I'm sorry Boston for your loss.

#6 Nanatchka

Nanatchka

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:29 PM

Alexander Ritter is a wonderful dancer. At NYCB, he danced Merce Cunningham's role in Points In Space, to fine effect, so it was interesting to see that he was working with a modern company in Boston. I always wished that he would join Merce's company--he had the ability to change direction rapidly in space, and a fine use of the head that looked marvelous in the work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):