Grupo Corpo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pirrouette_*

Guest_pirrouette_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 March 2003 - 08:13 PM

Hi all!

I just saw the most amazing performance ever - Grupo Corpo at UMass - Amherst. I know they are not a ballet company, but the performance was so amazing that I thought they deserved a mention! Does anyone have any info on them? I believe they are Brazilian, but the program was seriously lacking in info.

Pirrouette

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 08:33 PM

Tell us more about why you thought they were interesting! (And I'm moving this into the Dance forum, since it's not a ballet company.)

#3 Guest_pirrouette_*

Guest_pirrouette_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 March 2003 - 08:40 PM

Why were they so interesting? They were all so amazingly strong! They were incredibly musical, and had incredible endurance. Their energry was frenetic and unflagging. It was so refreshing to see a group of performers who danced like there was no tomorrow. That's why I love(d) them!

#4 Nanatchka

Nanatchka

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 04:46 PM

Grupo Corpo is indeed Brazilian, very hot, from Sao Paolo, as I recall. Very energetic, very colorfully costumed, with some native Brazilian martial arts flavor and samba rhythms mixed in with a ballet derived melting pot company style. There was a feature on the company in the New York Times Sunday Arts and Leisure section within the last year, when they performed at the Brooklyn Academy of Music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):