This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

John Lanchbery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 11:12 AM

I've copied this over from Links:

John Lanchbery, conductor, orchestrator, and arranger of ballet music, died yesterday at his home in Melbourne, Australia.

Any comments, memories about John Lanchberry? He was the most important arranger of ballet scores in the last half-century. The arrangements were sometimes controversial (what isn't?). Are there successors?

#2 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 12:44 PM

Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Sir Charles Mackerras yet lives (but he's getting on in years, too).

#3 grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 01:38 AM

just a comment, 'for the record' (no pun intended), that i believe the two 'r's spelling (which you used in your post, alexandra) is the correct one, rather than the single 'r' of the thread title... :)

for 'dream', monotones and 'month': thank you for the immense pleasure...

==========(time passing)=========

well i never! both the guardian and the times use one 'r' - i must be wrong! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):